The Nitty Gritty:
- When a team member should be a contractor and when they should be an employee (and why you’re likely not following the letter of the law on this one)
- What “at will” employment means and why you’re not nearly as committed as you might think you are when you hire someone
- The kinds of questions you need to avoid in an employment interview
- How to protect your intellectual property when bringing on a new team member
- What to avoid when you make an employment offer
During last week’s class, Create a Hiring Plan & Grow Your Standout Business, I was lucky enough to be joined by Patrice Perkins, the founder of Creative Genius Law.
I was able to ask her your most pressing legal questions on the topic of hiring… and probably a few you didn’t know you should be worried about!
CreativeLive was gracious enough to release this interview as this week’s Profit. Power. Pursuit. episode.