The Nitty Gritty:
- When a team member should be a contractor and when they should be an employee (and why you’re likely not following the letter of the law on this one)
- What “at will” employment means and why you’re not nearly as committed as you might think you are when you hire someone
- The kinds of questions you need to avoid in an employment interview
- How to protect your intellectual property when bringing on a new team member
- What to avoid when you make an employment offer
During last week’s class, Create a Hiring Plan & Grow Your Standout Business, I was lucky enough to be joined by Patrice Perkins, the founder of Creative Genius Law.
I was able to ask her your most pressing legal questions on the topic of hiring… and probably a few you didn’t know you should be worried about!
CreativeLive was gracious enough to release this interview as this week’s Profit. Power. Pursuit. episode.
Your VIP Pass Is Waiting
Every week, I share more behind-the-scenes insights and action ideas from the podcast. Don't miss a thing! Enter your email address below for your VIP pass.